Wednesday 28 August 2013

Life goes on...

Wow...it must have been a week since I posted my last entry here...

It has been a very hectic few days...it still is...with my sister's wedding in less then a month away, everyone in the family is busy helping out with the preparation.

In the midst of all these, we still managed to find some time to have a barbecue night together on Saturday.  It's always good to spent quality time with family, sharing jokes, laughter and happy memories.  My kids are the happiest as all kids do in such occasion.

With everything that goes on, there are very little time left for fishing.  I had turn down an invitation for a jigging trip in Pulau Jarak over the weekend.  Toman Harimau went in my place and he managed to land some nice catches- a King Mackarel or Tenggiri Batang, a Kerapu (Grouper) and a 4kg (approximately 8lbs) GT.  However, those were his only catch as he suffered Sea Sickness and also cramp due to the heavy jigs he used and rested for the remainder of the trip.

I actually wanted to go for the trip and had already got a blessing from my significant half but changed my mind due to what happened earlier in the week.

I had just started in this new job for about 2 months after spending almost 9 years is Tesco.  It was an offer too good to turn down, also I needed a change of scenery that prompted my decision to join this company.  It's an established Logistic Company owned by a Dato'.  Everything was fine in the first month as one would expect when coming in to a new place.  However, the ugly side of things started to show itself by my second month.  Apparently, it is a company that is not good -and that is an understatement-when it comes to treating its own people.

The way the company is run is simple really, everything and every single effort is focused towards what the owner wants which is a normal practice in a Private Limited company anywhere in the world.  The problem is, the owner change what he wants more frequently then a cuttlefish change its colour.  So whatever he want you to do today may not be what he would want you to do tomorrow.

The owner is not a morning person and I learnt this since the first day I joined.  He would normally come to office at around 3pm, that is if he even come at all.  His meetings would normally starts at 4pm and would last till very late even on Saturdays.

I was in 'the' meeting on Tuesday.  It was scheduled to start at 3pm but 'he' had overslept and only arrives in the office at 5pm.  It was the most in-organized meeting I had ever attended in my life.  There was no agenda, just the owner rambling through his thoughts.  And this goes on and on for hours without any indication of when it would end.

In the middle of this, he suddenly ask me a question that is not at all related to what he has been talking or what I have been assigned to do since I joined his company.  My natural reaction was to say that I have no idea about it but his reaction towards this was beyond my wildest imagination of how a jackass a person can be. He started shouting and slamming the table.

I have had enough experience facing such person in my previous employment but there are customers who are not happy with our services or products.  This is the first time I have to deal with such character who is also my Boss.  My GM who sits next to me held on to my hand and tried so hard to prevent me from arguing.  My body was trembling with anger at the time so it was a good judgement by him.

It went on for about an hour or so before the jackass of a company owner then turn his attention to another person in the meeting.  These would go on for few more hours before he finally call time at 1.30am...YES...it's 1.30 in the morning!!!

What rubbish of a company does such things?  I may not be an expert in human brain but I do know that your brain can only function at its best for roughly 10 to 12 hours a day.  It was 8 1/2 hours of meeting without any break...after about 8 hours of seriously working out the company's SOPs, my brain was basically asleep halfway in the meeting.

The only thing that prevented me from leaving this bloody company is the fact that I have a family to feed and I need to get another job before I can say F#$K OFF to the Dato'.

But this is a new week and I would now put all my focus on finidng a new job and looking forward to my next fishing trip...life still goes on...

Ride On...Fish On...

No comments:

Post a Comment