Saturday 17 August 2013

Weekend is here at last...yeah...

The title sound like the week has been a complete hell...well, not really.  It has been a mixed week with some highs and lows.

It started well enough on Monday, the roads are clear as most people still on holiday.  There were only 2 of us in the office and I took the opportunity to spend time clearing my inbox and completing all pending works I had.

Mid week was even better.  I took one day leave on Wednesday for a fishing trip and it turn out to be one of the better trips I had in years.  There were plenty of strikes and most of it was landed.

Thursday was forgettable with nothing interesting happening but Friday was a mix of both good and bad.  The day started with a good news that my Shakespeare BC rod is ready for collection and moments after that a confirmation that my purchase of Shimano Caenan 101 BC Reel is successful.  I finished work early so off I went to celebrate the good news in Sementa to catch some PB.

That is where the "good'' ended and the bad shows up...a miss judgement of time saw me arriving late at the spot and the gate was locked.  It was a good 10 minutes wait before the gatekeeper came.  In my excitement to leave the house, I have forgotten to bring my lure box so I was left with 1 spin fly lure and 2 sp grubs with no jig head.

The fishing was no better and trust me...no matter how much an angler try to convince you that catching a fish is not as important as the trips and they are still happy to have gone fishing even without any catch...you never like spending few hours fishing without catching anything.

It was just after a rain and the water was high but the rain had also brought another problem....rubbish...so many of it that I actually ended up losing all my lures snagged at them.  My leader was reduced to mere inches away from the main line as a result of it snapping every time it hit a snag.

The one good thing is I can safely declare that my FG Knot is perfect as it holds up against all the snags and it was the leader that snapped...away from the Knot....

So with the weekend here...it's time to break the duck and catch me some fish...as mentioned in my last entry to this blog...I'm planning to ride on and look for new fishing spots with a good potential to reel in a good size catch...

So hold your breath...(if you passed out doing it....it's not my fault...)...let see if I can catch me some big fishes today....

Wait for my next entry hopefully with photos of me and my catches...

Ride On...Fish on...

No comments:

Post a Comment