Thursday 15 August 2013

Peacock Bass @ Sementa, Kapar - additional photos

Fish On!!!

It was still in Ramadhan and I'm still fasting but that doesn't stop me from feeling the urge to fish.  So I started my trusted Yamaha and off I go to this place I found out from a local angler's forum.

It used to be a pay pond (still is depending on your luck) but the size resemble a small lake and there were virtually nobody but me standing under the hot sun...

Scouting around for someone to get more information on the place without any success, I decided to start casting using all the lures I have and see if any of them would work in enticing a bite...

I started with a 'Berkley Grub SP' that is the most universal of artificial lure I know off.  Several blind cast mostly towards some sort of structure in the middle of the pond yields nothing.  I wanted to change to a hard body lure but decided to cast one last time towards the structure.

A slow jerking retrieve yielded a strike...a solid hook up and the fish started to make it's run.  After a brief battle, it finally reveal it's identity...a Peacock Bass....and a good size one too...

A feisty fighter, it gave a good fight before I managed to reel it in...




After a quick photography session, it was released back to the lake to fight another day.  Subsequent cast with the same SP did not yield anymore strice so it was time to change the lure.

'Strike Pro Minnow' was my choice and the shallow swimming lure did not disappoint when it was taken on the first cast...the run was more aggressive this time and I had to make several adjustment to the drag to avoid the braided 6lbs main line and 10lbs mono leader from snapping.

A good 5 minutes latter the fish finally gave in and what a surprise, it's my personal record of 39cm Peacock Bass!



After a quick photo and measurement, it went back into the lake to grow even bigger for me to break my record again...hehe...

It went silent with no more strike after despite me trying almost every lures I had in my lure box so I decided to call it a day.  It was also almost time for Ifttar.

Here are some views of the pond...





I can't find the name of this fish in English but locally it is known by several names- Belungkor Pasir, Haruan Ubi and Haruan Bodoh...

A double hook up...


Fish On...!!!


Smaller in size but still as fiery as its bigger siblings...


Next trip will be Sungai Lang in Sabak Bernam for my Tarpon Licence...

No comments:

Post a Comment